Got a problem with Orange TV ? For example : frozen image, pixelization, black screen or low TV service quality... Here are a few simple procedures to solve those problems.
The procedures explained in this section :
- reboot your decoder
- make sure the wires and plugs are connected properly
- make sure the access card is inserted properly
- restart your installation
To reboot your decoder, the procedure is as follows :
1Unplug the electrical plug of your TV decoder.
2Wait a few minutes.
3Plug your TV decoder back in and switch it on with the remote control or the button on the front.
4Wait a few seconds to make sure the problem has been solved.
If this procedure does not solve your TV reception problem, check all the connections.
It is important to check all the different connections ; especially make sure all the wires are completely plugged into the sockets.
- The decoder must be correctly plugged into the electrical socket.
- The Ethernet lead must be correctly connected to the decoder.
Make sure the HDMI or SCART connector is plugged into :
- the decoder
- the TV
- If you get TV reception via ADSL with satellite, make sure the decoder is correctly hooked up to the satellite antenna.
- The Livebox must be correctly plugged into the electrical socket.
- Make sure the ADSL filter is correctly connected to the telephone jack.
- Make sure the Livebox is connected to Internet : the Internet @ light should be on.
- Make sure the Ethernet lead that connects the decoder is correctly plugged into the Ethernet port on the Livebox.
If you use Liveplugs to connect the decoder to the Livebox, their condition should be checked.
The problem may come from the TV access card.
1Remove the access card from the TV decoder.
2Wipe any dust off with a cloth.
3Reinsert the card carefully into the decoder in the designated direction.
4Make sure the card is completely inserted in the decoder slot.
Restarting your installation often solves a TV problem. To restart your installation, proceed as follows :
1Unplug the electric plugs of your TV decoder and Livebox.
(If you use Liveplugs, unplug them/plug them back in.)
2Reconnect the Livebox. The lights should blink for a few seconds.
3Wait until the Internet @ light stays on without blinking.
4Plug your TV decoder back in and switch it on with your remote control or the button on the front.
5Wait a few seconds to make sure the problem has been solved.
If this page doesn't answer your question, then you can contact us at 09 69 36 3900(1).
(1) Our business hours are nine to five, Monday to Friday.
Your call will be charged at the standard rate using your Orange landline. From another provider please consult their price list.
previous page return to list of questions